Rigatti The Bull

Summary:
February 17, 2015: Riggati the Bull decides to feed from a Gotham Ley Line. An intrepid band of heroes decide to take him on…

Gotham


Characters

NPCs

  • None

Mood Music:
[*<http://insert.video.or.music.link.here>]


Dusk turns deeper, colors die. Bats go singing in the sky.
One and all, we may fall down where wicked goblins lie.
Shade draws farther, farther on. Light is fading, sun is gone.
Friends draw near, face yoour fear. Perhaps there'll never be a dawn.

Welcome to Gotham after dark. It's not commonly known because… well it's not commonly known, but Gotham is a city weak in mystical energies. The natural ebbs and flows were affacted by the great Metropolis that rose to the south many years ago. But they're still present, those unseen tides and in this age of dawning chaos they wax once more. Always the flows of power attract hungry parasites and it is no different with magic. In the deeps of Chinatown, one of the more mystically active parts of Gotham, hooves echo as a figure hooded and clothed in concealing linen and leather and heavily armed rides astride a glowing elk toward a courtyard where something wicked this way comes.

***

Zee monitors the magical activities in the Tri Cities… predominantly because Illyana and Jericho told her to pay attention for unusual things occuring. That's why she appears out of nowhere with a soft 'pop' sound somewhere in the glowing elk riders vicinity.

She's chosen to dress in her normally street wear, figure hugging blue jeans, cutesy type t-shirt, blazer, high heeled knee high boots and that diamond collar around her neck.

Letting her senses roam a little, she starts walking carefully towards the power she's feeling.

***

Spearhead is lurking around a darker area, his HUD scanning for a potential drug dealer with possible ties to his Brother, How ever, it isn't going well, and it is seeming to be a waste of a day for him, though something seems to be going on just out of his field of view, something seems to be /glowing/ over there…

***

Either she's a masochist or she's got work to do. Gotham as a city puzzles Rain. Perhaps she'd like to meet the city spirit one day. It is cold as heck to be flying around on a broomstick, so Rain and Captain are on a broomstick. Rain has her duster coat and a bandana over her nose and mouth, while Captain has his tan trenchcoat. "Remember. Head in the game," Captain grunts.

Rain nods.

Oddly, at the slender end of the broomstick is a magical GPS. "Anomaly and glowing detected," A soft, female voice announces. "Huh." Because seriously, how practical is a map and divination on a flying broomstick? The answer is, it isn't. She's coming in lower now and drifting towards the glow.

***

The Fox could have cleared up that part right quick. There is a magical anomaly: Specifically there's a ley line nexus that he often checks up on pulsing unusually strongly and it seems to have rather attracted something awful. That, specifically, is Riggati the Bull. Most of the criminals in Gotham are just that. Criminals. People with guns and bad ideas. People who don't care about what they have to do to get ahead. But sometimes one of these people isn't what they seem or has decided to apply that not caring to the rules of reality insead of simply the rules of society. Rigatti is from Italy and the Italian mob just took a huge hit recently with the death of a great many members at what the news is alternately calling the Valentine's Day Massacre (again) or the Red Wedding.

Originality. Not the news' strong point.

At any rate Rigatti's name is well earned, because on his last trip back home he took a side trip to Crete and found… something. When he came back he wasn't quite the same. And he quickly introduced his cronies to his brand of 'not quite the same'. Now his outfit is part Mob operation and part cult. And he's drawing power from the nexus and channeling it into some seriously dark magic.

The Fox barrels into the courtyard astride his elk to see an honest to god Minotaur in a suit look up and snort. All around him his men begin to pick up guns and ceremonial knives. "Aw hell, not you again." The druid murmurs. This… might get bad.

***

Zee knows there's a ley line in the area and as she enters the courtyard, just behind The Fox on the Elk, she stops and does a double take at the Minotaur in the suit. "Oh dear…" she murmurs and as she walks to take up position beside The Fox, the Mistress of Magic murmurs to herself and her street clothes morph to her Stage Costume.

Drawing up next to The Fox, she nods to him and is serious for a change "Hello Fox, this looks like it might get interesting." She's already looking around the courtyard to determine what materials are there that she might use.

***

Spearhead decides that the glowing light might be more interesting than the wall and shop stands he was currently staring at…

A glowing elk? Well, the way things were going for him the past few days He was only mildly surprized, it takes off and he decides that he can take a few moments out and see what the deal is, after all, somethings bound to happen when a glowing elk is walking around a big citie's streets.

Oh great, another mob of mobsters, and is that a /MINOTAUR/?!? Spearhead ducks behind the corner, spearhead grabs the barrel of the marksman rifle on slung across his back and lowers himself to a knee, useing it to steady his aim as he peeks it around the corner, and waits for something to happen, after all, it would be rude to just open fire on the bunch just yet, let someone start chargeing, then fire

***

Deep breath. Deep breath. The GPS says what the GPS says, and Rain has enhanced hers with divination and magic senses. It pays to be an engineer sometimes. "… are we seriously going to have to go from healer to tank?" Sigh. Rain so doesn't like tanking. "Dooooooooo it. Jump! Jump!" "… you're normally much wiser than this." "And you're the one who spent a weekend without pants and drinking in a wizard robe proclaiming yourself-."

Point: Cat. "At least you enchanted your clothes this time?" He's so helpful. Really. And there's a friggin' minotaur. Somehow, Rain doubts he wants to take up knitting or wrestling. "Yeah, but those two are - well, squishy. Also squishy." Sigh. Again. Do the right thing! "Gods and goddesses. I can't believe this." Leaving her broom and GPS in the air, Rain takes a graceful swan dive towards the minotaur. « Remake the beast. » And BOMF! A huge, siberian god-bear with moon-white fear just freaking lands out of nowhere, violet eyes and equipped with enough pointy bits to scare a village off.

For you see, witches often get to take one (1, I for the Roman strigas in the house) animal form. And right now, Rain is kind of glad she won the animal form lotto. Really.

Whomp. Bear it is. And she's going to gibbs-smack the minotaur to start.

***

The locus of the nexus is a fountain in a wide courtyard bounded by currently closed shops on which most of the signage is in Chinese. Riggati had just been in the process of standing up when…

Whomp

Bear bombed.

The impact sends bits of masonry flying everywhere, adding to the general clutter of baskets and bricks and shelving and knicknacks in front of the stores. For a moment it looks like that might be all she wrote… then with a shove the Bull sends the Bear into the fountain itself and stands up with a snarl, producing from behind it's back a great steel club.

That's all the Fox needs to see. He produces a sword and pulls the sawwed off from it's sling beside him, throwing it up and firing. Rather than shot, a jet of flame lances out from it to sear a couple of mobsters. The whole place errupts in gunfire.

***

Zee blinks as the Siberian bear lands and grins, she recognises it. Seeing the jet of flame from The Fox's rifle, Zee focusses her power and speaks:

~ semalF egniS mehT ~

and with a sweep of her hand, magnifies the stream to the other mobsters in the area, away from that awesome Godbear.

***

Spearhead fires as soon as the elk-rider shoots flames, party time. He walks around the corner and walks towards the line of mobsters, takeing out the little guys who he knows he can cut down in niumbers pretty quickly, helping the familiar Bear cat combo team, the guy on the glowing elk, and Zee as he moves in a low crouch closer to the whole thing, sooting as he goes, aiming for the shoulders of the mobsters so that the cops can maybe do their job and turn a few of them in without having to take a live.

***

Rain is huge in bear form. But minotaur aren't to be taken lightly. Still, this is better than him running to the others, right? When did Rain become a bear tank? She's not too sure about all of this. She doesn't have much time to think about it, as bear meets fountain. An annoyed roar and she lunges out of the fountain at him. She doesn't /need/ a steel club. Her claws and jaws gave entire villages hereditary bear-phobias. They could be mounted as weapons themselves. However, Rain is still learning to fight as a bear. She has a pretty good idea at least - the sensitive midsection or the throat should do nicely for a good bite, waiting for that precious opening. She's going to have to be careful. That steel club isn't going to be any fun to meet with her face, after all.

And bite force is an awfully meaningful thing for an ancient bear that no longer walks the world. Maybe fate slipped Rain a fiver this time. Captain is staying up above, with the magic GPS and broom. He's probably watching for reinforcements and keeping himself out of the gun fire. Rain isn't really going to bother with the human mobsters.

Lunge! Open jaws and try to clamp down on the throat. That's easy enough, right?

***

The mobsters are going down between Zee amplifying the Fox's fire blast and Spearhead picking them off at a distance. They haven't noticed him yet. Thankfully. Rain lays Rigatti's throat open and he stumbles back… only for the wound to knit shut before her eyes. "Keep on him! Zee, try to slow him down!" The Fox shouts as he parkours over the fountain and delivers a wicked slice before a swipe of that steel cub forces him to roll away. Then the great hulking creature swings right back at Rain!

***

Zees magic is limited by her own belief… which can be kindof limiting in cases like this. "Slow him down…" she watches the Fox disappear over the fountain and thinks furiously. Nodding to herself, the mistress of magic moves towards Rigatti and holding her hands out in front of her, palms down she speaks again:

~ ytivarG dloH miH nI ecalP ~

The raven haired magician attempts to manipulate the gravity around the Minotaur, pressing him down so he can't move.

***

Spearhead swings the barrel of the marksman rifle up to the Minotaur's club arm, shooting it in the elbow, surely that would hurt enough top make an opening for one of the others, he then opens fire again into the mob of gangsters. Pak! Pak! Pak! he picks themoff as they fire at the others, picking the ones who seem to be better shots than the rest of the bulk.

***

Bother. While a bear has legends of its own, let alone the godbear, the minotaur has EVEN BIGGER freaking legends. And she's no Hercules. Rain also doesn't have a cool regeneration factor. That's definitely another tilt in the bull's favor. While talking would require a spell (and concentration she can't afford to splinter off right now), she probably does appreciate the fire moving away from her. Bears are flammable, you know.

Rain can't answer Fox, either. She sort of grunts. Bear noises? Maybe. But she is going to have to keep at him. Bears are fairly fast in bursts, but she knows she's too bulky to avoid it entirely. Rain has been homeless long enough to learn to roll with the punches. In this case, she swings with the club. It still hurts and she growls, low and angry. Fortunately, nothing is *broken* yet, although there's going to be a lot of ugly bruises and near breaks. Maybe a splintering, perhaps or hairline. But outright breakage is avoided.

If that's not going to work, maybe more wounds faster than a bigger wound? Swipe and swat, try to claw at the midsection. His arm is being shot at after all. And remember: It's never the bullet with your name on it. It's the shrapnel marked 'to whom it may concern' that always gets you.

***

The shot to the elbow jerks the club arm back and while the elbow will regrow, the club is dropped. Speaking off, the Minotaur is moving notably slower, so whatever Zee has done it must be working. The Fox is quickly back at Riggati, blade first biting into the knee and then the back as Bear Force One assaults him from the front. Her instincts on how to deal with him seem to be working as well. Hurt him badly enough, fast enough and his regeneration gets over whelmed. "Just… a bit… more…"

There don't seem to be any regular mobsters up anymore.

***

The Minotaur is still moving… Zee frowns, focusses more and pushes her hands down harder, to increase the pressure on the beast so The Fox, Bear and someone else, can do their thing.

***

Spearhead makes note that the little guys are all cleaned up. Now, time to help a little more with the Minotaur. He slings the rifle and draws a pair of .45 handguns, popping rounds into the beast around the Rain-Bear-God as it slashes at the beast of old.

***

That's going to hurt like heck later, those ribs. But it would've busted human-Rain in half, so she'll count her blessings on each paw. She'll have to compliment Spearhead on his marksmanship later. She can't divert concentration to speech spells now. "You've got 'em on the ropes. Knock 'em off the block, kid." Pause. "What, are you shocked I watched all the Rocky movies?" Leaving a cat alone with a DVD player: Dangerous.

Nevertheless, Rain has to keep her head in the game or - well, the tide seems to be turning. While she's not the speediest bear or creature in this fight, her job is also to keep him from nailing someone who isn't a huge freaking bear. Maybe now it's time for massive damage. Chomp!

***

That seems to do it. The combination of gunfire, gravity, blades and BEAR. Bring the minotaur down with a piteous groan. The Fox hops back from the wreck of a creature. "Whew… good job." He says quietly, nodding to Rain and Zee and… whomever that is with the gun.

The druid breaks open his shotgun and shoves a purple crystal from his bandolier into the empty barrel before closing and slinging it. Then his sword goes back into the sheath and he brings out a crossbow, eying the fallen beast… who is very very slowly regenerating.

***

Zee hasn't let the spell go yet and seeing the beast regenerating brings a little more pressure to bear (excuse the pun). Looking at The Fox and back to the minotaur, she raises an eyebrow. "It's not human anymore, is it Fox. Not even meta… do you need to finish it? I can't hold this spell much longer." She's not in favour of terminations… and it pains her to ask that question.

***

Spearhead holsters his pistols and walks closer, takeins a look at the beast before a something on him tones, "Aw, crap, I need to catch some sleep befor it's too late, hate to leave as quickly as I got here. Maybe we'll meet again, stranger, and take it easy Rain." He says in parting as he turns and makes haste.

***

The bear lifts a paw in farewell to Spearhead. Grunt. Good night, Spearhead. She seems a little puzzled. A nod at the druid. Rain backs away from the fallen minotaur, but at least she can enchant herself some speech now. "But where would we keep him…?" And they don't exactly have a David Bowie for a Labrynth, either.

***

"You can drop the spell Zee. It won't be getting up for a bit." The Fox says quietly. "But yeah, it will be getting up again. And he's… well he's a Minotaur now. There was a reason they locked those things away, way back when." They still get made from time to time, as can be seen. "I don't want to, but I can't think of any place to put it. I don't really have a maze handy and if the cops take him…" Dead cops…

***

Nodding as Spearhead goes, Zee lets the spell go at The Fox's words and moves to stand next to him and The Bear. "I can't think of anywhere, safely, either. There's nothing at Shadowcrest… and the zoo is out… " she shrugs to The Fox "Do whatever you think is best." Rain gets a nod from the young magician, she'll catch up with her when this is done.

***

Rain is thinking. Hmm. "… pocket … dimension… small, plane." The bear has to cast to speak, so there's that. "We could stick him in one of those. There's a few empty ones," She finally finds a groove. "There's usually ecosystems. He won't starve to death. If he finds a gentle one. Or he may end up in one with predators who will keep him on his toes. I suspect that might be more balanced than turning him loose on a peaceful one." There are many small planes of existence in this world, after all. And she probably isn't gonna turn the thing over to Loki. He would never wipe his hooves and the manor's floor? Ruined. No, thank you!

But Rain is going to shift down, since she can't hold her bear form too long. Phew. The flying broom with Captain and her GPS is lowering. "Anyway, we could probably try that."

***

"Well…" Kane seems to prefer that option to shooting him with a holly tipped bolt. "If you can do it in the next ten or so minutes. Otherwise we'll be doing this dance again and I don't think he'll be real happy."

***

Zee looks to Rain and nods slightly "I can help you, but I've got little experience in doing that, like next to none." Zees magic is still developing. "What do you need, Rain?"

***

To be fair, most of them are still learning. Rain learns a lot, too. "I think I can. It'll be more of a crapshoot than if I picked one." Pause. "Well, just focus on a place like - with dinosaurs or something. We can use portal magic for it." Likely, together if they wish. It'll take Rain a couple of minutes at least, but with their help, they can probably open a portal to a nearby minor plane with some megafauna to keep Mr. minotaur on his toes and away from squishy humans.

If and when he's nudged into the portal, Rain will wave. "My ribs are /killing me/. I'm gonna head home and rest. It was - good to see you." Hey, she's handling things pretty well. Her broom will lower down so she can hop on.

***

"You too Rain." The Fox waves. "Thanks for taking care of that." He takes a deep breath and looks over to Zee who seems to be the only one left now. "Well… I'm not quite done patrolling. Care to come?"

***

Zee waves to Rain "Sure, I will… " he doesn't have to ask twice but first she murmurs and the Stage Costume reverts to the outfit of earlier. "Far more suited to riding an Elk, I think."

***


Back to: RP Logs

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 License